My Dream Coming True
Your tiny hands
The color of your eyes
A boy or girl
Your expected size
I thought of this…
And so much more
Your name, your face
Your room décor.
When Christmas came, we were elated
The news of your arrival was greatly celebrated.
The exact response I wanted so bad
From Brenna’s most amazing dad.
Brenna’s sibling
Big sister clothes
Taking care of two
Scheduling woes!
The crushing pain of hearing the news
“There’s no baby growing inside of you.”
With every tear cried, I felt God saying
I Am faithful with what you have been praying.
I trust Him completely
He knows me best
My Shepherd, my Healer
Giver of Life and Rest.
The surgery makes it seem so final
But I know it’s a promising trial.
I will be patient.. patiently waiting for you;
For you are my dream; my dream coming true.
By: Brittany Walker 1-25-12
Coming: adjective
1. following or impending; next; approaching: the coming year.
2. promising future fame or success: a coming actor.
I bet you're not surprised by this, but I am crying. That is so beautifully written. This poem is your heart put into words, and my heart for you. I am grieving your loss with you, and praying for your dream with you. You are such a faithful servant. I know God will bless you, in His timing. It is just so hard to see it right now. At least I felt that way when I tried for 8 moths (well 7, but I didn't know until 8). Bekah shared a song with me that gave me a lot of comfort at the time. I hope it brings the same for you.
ReplyDeleteDo I Trust You Lord?
"Sometimes my little heart can't understand
What's in Your will, what's in Your plan.
So many times I'm tempted to ask You why,
But I can never forget it for long.
Lord, what You do could not be wrong.
So I believe You, even when I must cry.
Do I trust You, Lord?
Does the river flow?
Do I trust You, Lord?
Does the north wind blow?
You can see my heart,
You can read my mind,
And You got to know
That I would rather die
Than to lose my faith
In the One I love.
Do I trust You, Lord?
Do I trust You?
I know the answers, I've given them all.
But suddenly now, I feel so small.
Shaken down to the cavity in my soul.
I know the doctrine and theology,
But right now they don't mean much to me.
This time there's only one thing I've got to know.
Do I trust You, Lord?
Does the robin sing?
Do I trust You, Lord?
Does it rain in spring?
You can see my heart,
You can read my mind,
And You got to know
That I would rather die
Than to lose my faith
In the One I love.
Do I trust You, Lord?
Do I trust You?
I will trust You, Lord, when I don't know why.
I will trust You, Lord, till the day I die.
I will trust You, Lord, when I'm blind with pain!
You were God before, and You'll never change.
I will trust You.
I will trust You.
I will trust You, Lord.
I will trust You."
I love you best friend,
Brooke
I feel you by my side through this! And what an incredible song, I loved reading every word. Bekah is so in tune with us in this life. I love you, thank you!
ReplyDeleteway to make tears come! Seriously, Brittany, you write in such a way that shows beauty from pain and is so honoring to God and encouraging to His people.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteBrittany, I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I'm so sorry. This poem is beautiful and such a great reminder to all of us to trust Him completely. Love you!
ReplyDelete