I just found mine! Well, like a year ago.. but still. Do you have one? I do. It's within a mile from where we live now and every time I take Brenna on a walk, I purposefully go a certain path in hopes of there being a house for sale. Even ONE! (There has never been a house for sale there in at least two years that I've noticed.) I would take any house in this type of neighborhood.
When you walk through it, not one house is the same. Yet they're all a type of brick house. They are ramblers mainly with a big extended garage somewhere. People care about their yards. Quiet and private. Great location, great city. But it's simple, too. Simple yet beautiful!
Let me explain why I care so much. Since I was born, I have lived in fifteen different houses. I want a home for Brenna. One that she can go back and visit one day as she moves out.
I'm writing this today, hoping that for some miracle we're able to find a house there or near it, in our price range. I pointed some out again tonight as Joe and I drove past. He gave me this look again, like, "woman, you're killing me!" I think it's doable. One day! :)
-
That does sound like the perfect neighborhood!! I just prayed that you'll find something there someday! :)
ReplyDelete