Background

Sunday, November 11, 2012

28 & Not Counting

It came so fast! The age where, in my mind, was always the "official" adult-age. So when thinking about what I wanted to do to celebrate, I wondered what a pregnant lady could do with it being winter besides just going out to dinner.  I very quickly thought of the way (who) I have great times with ---- My friends!!!

I feel like the only one whose (most) weekends are pretty quiet and lame (after 8 p.m. that is!) so I had been wanting to plan a girls night anyway. So I decided to invite my best buds over for delicious food, games and lots of catching up.

L2R: Me, Bekah, Ash, Berlynn, Brooke, Sarah, & Anna
 I forgot to take pictures of all the great stuff we ate! I was totally craving cheeses, grapes, Martinelli's, & refried beans (not all together!) so we had that and more. We played some games and I totally won
lost but we had some good laughs!!! Then they made me do what I find most embarrassing in life:


We're so old now and I do not expect gifts... Just great company! :) But it was sweet nonetheless and I felt very special. [Side Note:] Anyone else thinking what I've been thinking for months?? My hair has got to go. The color and everything... I can't stand it! I am getting it done ASAP!

Of course Joe, Brenna and my family were involved. See, for my birthday, for as long as I can remember, I always have a 3-day celebration at least! So one night my mom made me an incredible dinner and celebrated at her house too.



What a great helper!

New knife set! YEA!

She was supposed to smile like me-- haha!

Thanks mom!!!! <3
My mom also took me out to lunch the next day @ Mimi's-- One of my favorites! Joe's family took us out to Red Lobster-- Love the shrimp!

Joe was so awesome! He totally surprised me and had cleaned up my party mess the next morning while making me sleep in. He also got me new Coach Sunglasses I've been eyeing and some serving dishes (I like kitchen stuff, can you tell?) I got tons of makeup & gorgeous scarves. I had a wonderful birthday and had so much fun!!!  So, overall I'm comfortable with 28. I had always "planned" to be done having kids in my late 20's so I guess that's what God wanted for us, too! I'll be done @ 28.

*CHEERS!*

No comments:

Post a Comment