So we hopped on a plane by 6 a.m. and got to Cali shortly after that. Can I give a quick plug for Jet-Blue??! These people know how to fly. Flights were on time both ways and each person gets their own TV, friendly staff, great snack choices and not to mention they were the cheapest flight. We had a lot of time to spare until our check-in time at the hotel. (Thanks Robbi!) We decided to stop by the beach, hit up the mall, get Thrifty's award-winning ice cream (!!!), buy tickets to the Angels baseball game (Joe's first time!), and get brunch at the cutest little place called "The Parkbench Cafe". We got to nap together, (parents, you know how rare all this is!) spend tons of time getting ready, and stay out as late as we wanted @ the Angels game. It was such a fun night!
Carly's wedding was the next day. It was so lovely! An outdoor wedding and reception. Such a fun event. Here's a funny side note.... growing up, my nickname was "Brittany Berry" and she just married herself a real "Berry"! Look who's the Berry now! I'm so over-the-moon for Carly and Matt. They will surely leave the same legacy as their parents have... 75 years of marriage between the two sets!
Our last day there was our SIX year anniversary. I can't even believe it. I feel so old and yet I'm proud of us for continuing to make this commitment to each other in life. Life is hard!!! It's not a fairy tale. I had really hoped it would be, though. I want to spotlight my incredible husband for a moment and explain the wonders of this man: He loves ME: crazy me, happy me, sad me, Brittzilla me, excited me, frustrated me & everything in between. He has always shown me such incredible unconditional love, and I think sometimes I just push his buttons to see how far it really goes. (On accident, of course!) He is quick to ask for forgiveness and seek peace in our home. He provides for his family without complaining and takes this instruction by the Lord very seriously. He compliments me and helps me around the house. He's a far better dad than I am mom. He is driven yet patient. Sure of himself yet humble. He has faith that can truly move mountains. I admire him and feel honored to have the front-row seat in seeing God transform him year-by-year into the man he's supposed to be. I know I love & need him even though I still find "marriage" restraining.
Thank you Lord for not giving up on me "[a]nd I am certain that God, who began the good work within [me], will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6.
*CHEERS* to ANNIVERSARIES!
I love this post! Sounds like it was such a fun trip. And, I love reading about Joe through your eyes. Marriage and life are both very hard, I'm so happy you've been able to recognize those things yet still find joy in them. Here's to many more!
ReplyDeleteYay! Happy Anniversary!! I'm glad you got to celebrate by going to California. We need a Double Dub trip soon...
ReplyDelete