Background

Monday, August 13, 2012

Home, Sweet Home

Ya know, just been thinkin lately.... with all these awesome home decor pics I've been tagging, hearing about other people's redecorating ideas/projects, seeing the awesome results, etc. I figured out why I just can't get into it as much as I want to. The why? We don't have a house yet! Sure, we have a roof over our head and for that I've extremely grateful for, not to mention it's a pretty gorgeous place to rent. But it's not ours. Does anyone know what I mean?? 

See.. we had a house. For three years. I spent a lot of time and $$ decorating. Where is it now? Mostly sitting in the cold storage room. I wonder ------> will I use that again? do I still like this? when will I get to dust it off and put it back up? It's just not worth it right now (or the last fifteen months renting here) to decorate how I want to, to truly love the space we're in. So we've kept it simple and have been fine, but as a girl you think about these things. It's just in our DNA. :) 

We still have TWO years before we can even THINK about buying a house again (imposed FHA rules-boo!) and that still sounds soooo far away. Renting has its perks, sure it does. It has been less expensive and I enjoy the company of my family who lives upstairs. But I can feel myself getting caught up in the timing and daydreaming of our future home/rooms. I'm a do-er. I like to run with a great idea and do it fast. Now. Yesterday! Thank you Lord for continuing to grow me in an area where I need it: patience. =) 

I know, I know, I know that God knows and most days I really do rest assured without much thought. But today, I am a little anxious. But my biggest reason of all to find "our" home, is so Brenna has a home to come home to one day. There's just no place like home.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand having somewhere to go home to. You will get there some day. Like you said, we just have to put our trust in the Lord and be patience. Love you!

    ReplyDelete