Background

Monday, November 26, 2012

So what you're saying is

I get to enjoy all the baby girl clothes that I saved AGAIN?!?!..................

That's right, the cake could have lied, but the ultrasound photos made it all too clear. There's a girl in there and she is going to have a big sister!



On Saturday night, we had our gender reveal party with our families present. It was such an exciting moment to be able to celebrate and find out together. A few people asked me if I was sure I didn't peek beforehand and know... for some weirdly, odd reason, I can keep a secret (even from myself apparently) and I like surprises enough to wait. So until that cake was cut, I was just as surprised!!!

I was team boy, Joe was team girl. Just to clarify, I was not solely "hoping" for a boy, I just assumed I would have one of each and was trying to accept that reality, too. :)

Some highlights:
-Most people were "team boy"
-David, Joe's brother, wanted us to have a boy to "feel his pain" of having a boy
-Brenna sat at the table almost the whole night eating pink and blue M&M's (where's that child's mother??!)
-My grandma tried to convince my husband most of the night to have a third.. Let's see how two is first grandma =)

A sister!!! A SISTER! A sister?! Brenna doesn't even know yet how incredibly blessed she is to have a sister!!! I always wished for and wanted a sister. To this day I find myself making an unintentional mental list of the "If-I-had-a-sister-right-now, I would.." I am seriously BLOWN AWAY at how amazing God truly is. He really does care about us so intricately that He restores and fulfills places in our lives that were hurt, broken or missing. This is one of those miracle moments! I just am filled with praise and joy and thank God for another baby girl. To watch sisterhood bloom and grow is going to melt my heart and fulfill something in my soul.




Team Boy

Team Girl


3 comments:

  1. You are so awesome sweetie! I didn't realize until just now that you didn't know either!! Who made the cake then? I love you invited the Brookie & Bekah :)I so understand your feeling about how God will fulfill empty spaces with blessings as we grow up...things missed from childhood. You wrote it so beautifully. Love EVERYTHING about all of this!! Love you!
    Robbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robbi you are just so sweet and dear to me! I had given the cake lady an envelope the ultrasound tech had made for us containing the photos. :) Each year I feel a little more whole for different reasons, you're totally right. I love you!!!

      Delete
  2. OH I love this post! You are such a beautiful writer! I love that you had this party and I can't believe you waited to find out yourself! That is so amazing! How fun that you have this special memory! I'm so happy for you to get another little girl and to see the sisterly bond between your girls develop as they grow! I'm also so excited for Brenna to get a little sister! She will have a best friend for life! And you, my dear, get two best friends! Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your cute family!

    ReplyDelete